posted Aug 14, 2014, 6:34 AM by Kent Riggins
his Saturday, August 16th at 11:30 at Lou Rudinski's house.
On to the Turnout - our annual picnic. The official directions are on this website http://www.kinderfarmpark.org.
Look under “How to find us”. Lou said to add: Turn left at Gali
Sanchez Way, follow to last house on the right. (I just take Benfield
Blvd to Jumpers Hole road, and then turn at the park.)
Or – GPS on 146 Gali Sanchez Way, Millersville, MD. 21108 Click fo Map
- ACTIVITIES - Food, fun, raffle, instant gallery, fall schedule review, announcements and a short meeting.
- FOOD -. Lunch will start around 12:30 p.m. Each club member is asked to bring either a side dish, a dessert, or some sodas/bottled water based on their last name.
- If your last name starts with A through G bring a side dish or salad
- Last names from H through O bring sodas and/or bottled water
- Last names from P through Z should bring a dessert.
plan on enough for 6 – 8 servings. The Club will supply hamburgers, hot
dogs, sausages, and chicken on the grill, and Lou always supplies
plenty of ice. The club will also supply plates, cups, utensils,
napkins, tablecloths, and condiments.
- Once again, Bill will be conducting the raffle. For those new to
this, here is how it works. Each member is asked to donate an item or
items to the raffle, whether it be a woodturned item, an old tool,
supplies, books, wood blanks, certificate for something, or whatever
your creative mind can come up with. We will have all the items on
tables, with a cup next to each one. We will sell tickets for $0.50
each, which the ticket buyer will place in the cup next to the item they
desire. At the end of the day, a ticket will be drawn from each cup,
and that ticket holder is the winner of the item. More tickets in each
cup increase your odds of winning, and a cup with few tickets in it is
an invitation for a cheap acquisition. It is always entertaining.
- We will have a table out for items that you wish to display (a great
chance to show your recent work over the summer, or to inspire others to
SHORT MEETING - We will have a short meeting to talk about the schedule and a few other items.
COMFORTABLE LAWN CHAIR - Bring you favorite lawn chair, relax in the shade.
View Lou Rudinski's house in a larger map