Hello fellow turners, hope every had a great Thanksgiving and are getting ready for the Holiday's ahead. Some topics that are moving along prior to our next meeting are:
1) We need two or three photo's from each participating member for the MFA Gallery Show coming in February of 2013. They will select someone's work for the online and mailing publicity prior to the shows opening. You must act quickly to be included in their selection process. It is best if the photo depicts something in the show.
2) Decembers meeting will be a sharpening demonstration by CW Menber Chuck Engstrom. Bring in tools for expert advise and guidance in proper sharpening technique with the Wolverine Jig and Tormex Sharpening System. Meeting starts at 9AM
3) Due to apparent poor response to Dick Sings Class and Demonstration in January 2013 we have decided to cancel his appearance. We are working on obtaining local talent and having a large show and tell.
4) There are still openings for the Baltimore Woodworking Show on January 4-5 and 6, 2013. Please email me if you are interested in helping to set up and/or demonstrating.
5) February's meeting possibly at the Shop of Mark and Nancy Supic. More on that later.